Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's not a mutation, it's a feature.



Possibly last image for a few weeks. Only a few days until the new little masterpiece arrives. If my pride and joy Simon is anything to go by, I'm sure this one will be a marvel of beauty too.

The pic for today is special in at least three ways. First, it's 100% inspired by Karl Kopinsky, the greatest artist ever to be under-paid by Games Workshop. (Not that I know their salaries, just that they couldn't ever have paid him enough!) Second, for the first time in my 8 year affair with photoshop, I've found a brush that actually looks a little like water color. Even better since it can do lighter and also opaque. Yay! This sketch is all digi. Third, it's for my own table top game. I've been starting new versions of the same post-apo miniatures game for ohh six years. Just the other day I finally got it to first draft version, ready for testing.

No comments: